The Manager, Technical Accounting & Policy and Financial Reporting will provide leadership over the technical guidance and accounting policy development and the financial reporting process.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ
reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
- Ensure compliance with all US GAAP and disclosure requirements for the consolidated financial statements.
- Assist the broader accounting team with the monthly financial close process, including review of account reconciliations, journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting analysis and documentation across various complex accounting areas, which may include: equity and stock-based compensation, goodwill and intangible assets impairment, revenue recognition, inventory accounting, leases, derivative instruments, and foreign currency transactions.
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues and prepare accounting memos as needed.
- Provide the executive management and FP&A individuals with advice on the financial and accounting implications of various contracts and business arrangements.
- Analyze period over period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers in accounting areas assigned; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis from all global accounting teams.
- Keep up-to-date with new accounting and disclosure requirements and provide communication and training to broader global finance and accounting teams. Lead the assessment and implementation of new SEC/US GAAP pronouncements.
- Support numerous special projects and requests from the executive leadership team/board of directors as they arise.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements and related footnotes.
- Assist in all aspects financial reporting, including SEC reporting (10-Q, 10-K, earnings releases, Proxy Statement and others).
- Assist with the review of detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Serve as administrator for the Wdesk financial reporting software platform.
- Assist in the coordination of external and internal audits and provide requests as needed.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement; provide recommendations to management and execute changes.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Years of experience: 7+ years accounting experience
- CPA, MBA, or other relevant professional designation required
- Management experience required in a public company
- Prior experience in a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred
- Ability to manage documentation, with great attention to detail
- Experience working with Wdesk, SAP and TM1 is preferred
- Proactive self-starter who has an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Problem-solving, analysis, and research skills to resolve outstanding issues
- Strong leadership skills
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
At The Vita Coco Company, compensation decisions are dependent upon a variety of factors, which may include, but are not limited to: skill set, experience, education, training, licensure and certifications, knowledge and abilities of the applicant, alignment with market data, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range for this position is $130,000-$170,000. This range may vary for positions that will be performed outside of California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Westchester County, NY, Rhode Island, or Washington.