The Vita Coco Company is searching for a Coconut All-Star based in San Antonio, TX. The Coconut All-Star will be responsible for visiting key retail accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to increase visibility, availability, and overall presence of our brands inside assigned territories. The position requires a self- motivated, organized, energetic, and creative person, willing and ready to go “coconuts” in every account.
An ideal CAS is someone currently enrolled in university, a recent graduate, or someone looking to jump start their career in Food & Beverage. The CAS will report to local Market Managers or Sales Directors and must have access to a personal vehicle and valid driver’s license to drive from store to store each day (traveling up to 60 miles/day on average).
The Coconut All-Star program begins May 1st through September 30th, applications will be closed after August. Coconut All-Stars in select markets will have an opportunity to extend the program, depending on performance. CAS’ should be able to work 30 hours/week and have flexible schedules.
• Build, move and improve display execution and/or product to establish best location for sales on all company products as necessary in assigned stores
• Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory.
• Develop plans within territory to execute programming given from Vita Coco.
• Provide consistent communication on retail execution, highlighting accomplishments, and follow-up needed from Independent Distributor Sales Managers, KDP Branch Managers & District Managers
• Sell the entire Vita Coco portfolio at account level, achieve KPIs on cases sold, displays, and new distribution availability, etc. in coordination with local distributors and brokers.
• Call on key decision makers weekly basis to optimize in store availability.
• Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution.
• Support consumer and retail activity by working with the Market Development / Field Marketing team if/when in and out of their market.
• Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them and analyze sales data; trade/business analytics.
• Professional demeanor in working with co-workers, distributors, retail reps and customers.
• Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Creative presentation, public speaking, and premium selling skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Proficient MS Office Suite skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must have access to personal phone with working camera.
• Must have ability to lift cases of product between 10-35 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must have the ability to place product on overhead shelving.
• Must have the ability to travel between multiple accounts each day if needed.
• Must love coconuts!
At The Vita Coco Company, compensation decisions are dependent upon a variety of factors, which may include, but are not limited to: skill set, experience, education, training, licensure and certifications, knowledge and abilities of the applicant, alignment with market data, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range for this position is $15/hour-$20/hour. This range may vary for positions that will be performed outside of California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Westchester County, NY, Rhode Island, or Washington.
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy regarding all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The Vita Coco Company, created in 2004 by Co-CEO Michael Kirban and Ira Liran, produces the leading brand of coconut water in the United States with a growing presence around the world. The Vita Coco Company’s brands include the leading coconut water, Vita Coco; clean energy drink Runa; premium canned water, Ever & Ever; and protein-infused water, PWR LIFT.
In 2021, The Vita Coco Company became a publicly traded, Public Benefit Corporation. With a growing portfolio of natural products, The Vita Coco Company has identified its public benefit purpose as creating ethical, sustainable products that uplift communities and do right by our planet by harnessing and protecting nature’s resources.
In 2022, The Vita Coco Company was certified as a B Corporation™ furthering the Company’s commitment toward operating its business as a force for good, while delivering better-for-you products.
Vita Coco is headquartered in New York City with international offices in London and Singapore. The Company is Nasdaq-listed under ticker symbol COCO.