Vita Coco, the leading coconut water brand, launched in 2004 when two friends, Michael Kirban and Ira Liran learned about the tropical elixir after a chance encounter at a New York City bar. Not only did their discovery bring coconut water into the mainstream beverage aisle, it rebranded coconut water as a premium lifestyle drink and helped propel the trend of natural-functional beverages. Fast forward 15 years, and Vita Coco is available in 30 countries and has expanded coconut water into new occasions with innovations like Vita Coco Pressed, Coconut Milk, Coconut Juice, and Coconut Oil.
In 2018, All Market Inc., the parent company created by Michael and Ira, expanded into a true portfolio company, making it one of the largest independent and privately-owned beverage companies in the world. With the acquisition of RUNA, a clean energy drink, and the creation of Ever & Ever, an environmentally-minded, sustainably-packaged water category, the company is changing the ready-to-drink beverage landscape by offering its consumers better-for-you, yet convenient, options. Despite massive growth and success, AMI maintains the same entrepreneurial spirit on which it was founded, with a can-do culture that’s just beginning to tap the potential of the better-for-you beverage space.
Vita Coco is headquartered in New York City with international offices in Singapore and London.
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for developing and guiding regional accounts in the Grocery, and Convenience Channels. The Regional Account Manager will achieve account profitability and sales targets, serving as the primary account contact while providing account leadership. This individual will also be responsible for the increased distribution of Vita Coco brand items for permanent planogram space and promotional displays.
We are hiring a Regional Account Manager to support Regional Grocery and Convenience Chains geographically located in IL, MI, WI, OH, IN, and neighboring states. This role will report to the Senior Regional Account Manager - East.
• Develop and execute account-specific strategies to grow at both the account and product category levels.
• Develop account goals and business plans with retailers
• Manage and cultivate programs to achieve case volume and dollar volume budgets.
• Develop and execute an approach to strategize with retailers on opportunities to build business, i.e. new products, promotional planning, and merchandising.
• Conduct regular reviews of business performance, promotion strategies, planograms
• Recommend product program development and/or enhancements as a result of customer/consumer feedback
• Partnering with the Regional Marketing Manager in promotional development
• Forecast, budget, and track account revenues and cost
• Participate in the development and implementation of the account's financial support program, and business building program and support Customer Logistics Manager on supply chain programs
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business-related field is preferred
• 7-10 years of professional Sales experience
• 1-3 years of relevant Regional/Key Account managerial experience in Consumer Packaged Goods
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Demonstrated skills in achieving sales, profitability, and budget goals
• Ability to effectively implement sales and marketing strategies
• Ability to effectively monitor category performance versus plan and communicate accordingly
• Ability to understand trade spending effectiveness (efficiency of promotional activity is preferred)
• Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally
• High-energy self-starter as well as a collaborative team player
• Proven ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally within the company and the customer
• Demonstrated commitment to building strong business relationships with customer
Ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders internally and with customer
The Vita Coco Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity, or expression), physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.